Snag this hand lettered ‘welcome to our wedding’ SVG free download to use in your wedding signage and DIY wedding decorations! Simple to cut with a Cricut for handmade wedding signs + chalkboards.
This month I’m teaming up with some amazing SVG designers for a wedding themed collection of free SVG files. I have this hand lettered ‘welcome’ template I’ve used for door mats in the past and thought it would be fun to create a ‘Welcome to our Wedding’ SVG file for you!
I love hand lettering on chalkboards and they’re such a beautiful way to customize your wedding decor and are a lovely way to welcome guests to your special day. I’ve actually taught chalkboard lettering workshops and used to do wedding signage for local weddings but I know that isn’t up everyone’s alley.
So many of you want to prepare your own signage ahead of time and want to use a free template. I totally get it!
So today I’m sharing my hand lettered welcome sign with a modern text ‘to our wedding’ so you can get the look without any of the hand lettering yourself. It’s the perfect cut file for wedding welcome signs!
You can download this free svg file for your wedding decor and cut out a stencil or use it as a decal for your lettering. I have a couple tutorials for you included below.
You could also put this on directional signage near a parking lot or the entry to a reception building with some arrows or on top of a seating chart… I guess I’m saying… These free SVG cut files for Cricut or Silhouette will help you customize any wedding welcome signs you’re thinking of ;)
What can I use this Welcome to our Wedding SVG on?
There are so many different projects you can make. As promised, I’ve linked the similar projects tutorials I have if you’re looking for instructions on how to make that type of signage!
- Create chalkboard look with paint! This one is so great because it looks just like a chalkboard but without the risk of smudging! So it’s perfect for weddings where you want to prepare your signage well ahead of time and transport them without worry of wrecking your chalkboard lettering.
- Wood Signs
- You can stencil on wood easily with a paint marker as in this tutorial, just using the SVG stencil as a guide.
- Love shimmer and shine? You could use this tutorial and apply gold foil to a wooden sign.
- Lastly! I love to use iron on vinyl directly on wood. It’s less shiny than adhesive vinyl when applied and it’s pretty straight forward!
- Acrylic Signs
- Use the Welcome to our Wedding SVG file to make a clear acrylic sign with the lettering on front (like glass, but less likely to break!). You can leave the sign totally clear and rest it against some greenery or a simple backdrop so the lettering is clearly legible OR you can apply paint to the back of the acrylic sheet like in this tutorial.
- You could also apply this to a large poster frame and pop it back in the frame with a textured background like in this tutorial.
- I don’t have a tutorial for this one, but you can use a mirror the exact same way as a chalkboard or acrylic would pair with this wedding sign SVG design. Choose either to stencil with a paint marker (easily scrapes off!) or use adhesive vinyl.
- Large Fabric Pennant
- You can follow this tutorial and create a large pennant hung from a stand to welcome guests to your wedding. Just use iron on vinyl! Imagine it with a point at the bottom of the pennant and large grommets at the top… so modern and fun!
Did I miss anything you’re wanting to create with this free wedding SVG? Let me know and I’ll work on getting a tutorial up for you!
If you’re new to SVG files and wanting to make your wedding decor with these or other SVG files, you can see a great introduction to uploading your own files to Cricut Design Space here.
* Are you new to Cricut? Or deciding which machine to buy? I wrote a whole post about the differences between the Cricut machines RIGHT HERE. And if you’re looking for more Cricut projects and tutorials, you can find them all here!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS FREE Welcome to Our Wedding SVG
To download this ‘Welcome to our Wedding’ free SVG file, all you need to do is enter your email below and have it sent to your inbox. When you click the confirm button on the email you receive, it will open the file directly.
Some browsers will start download immediately, others you’ll need to right click and save. The SVG file is uploaded as a compressed folder. Double click the zipped/compressed folder to ‘unzip’ it and see your SVG file.
Once it’s in your downloads folder, you can upload it to your Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Studio or whatever cutting machine software you are using.
If you’re already subscribed to my e-mail list (hey friend!), you won’t get double emails, I promise, go ahead and pop your email in there and follow the same steps :)
This hand lettered Welcome to Our Wedding SVG file is free for personal use. Think making projects for yourself, your sister or BFF. Please contact me for commercial use.
HOW DO I UPLOAD A FREE Cut File TO CRICUT DESIGN SPACE?
Once you’ve downloaded your free SVG file, it’s time to upload it to your cutting software. I use my Cricut to cut out my SVG files, but you could also use your Silhouette or other brand of cutting machine. To upload an SVG file to Cricut Design Space is super straight forward.
Open up Cricut Design Space and start a new project. In the left hand panel, select ‘upload’ and search for your file. You can add a name to your file at this point then upload it and insert it into your project. That’s it.
The SVG file has all the layers separated for you and Cricut reads all that information for you. In this file, the hand lettering and the font are separate layers. If you want them to cut as one piece, just select both in the layers panel and click ‘attatch’.
If you’re new to uploading your own images to Cricut and would like more information on the different file types you can cut with your Cricut, this video walks you through all the different types and how to upload them to Cricut Design Space to use them in your projects.
If you use this SVG to create your own sign… I would SO love to see! You can tag me @colleenpastoor on social media or shoot me an email colleen(at)lemonthistle(dot)com!
MORE AWESOME FREE WEDDING SVGS
Today I’m partnering with some amazing SVG designers to share even more free Wedding SVG files for you to use in preparation for your wedding day! Click the links below to be taken to their site and the free designs!
- You will Forever be my Always – Hello Creative Family
- Help us Capture the Love – The Girl Creative
- Welcome to our Wedding – Lemon Thistle (you’re here!)
- Hubby / Wifey Est. – Life Sew Savory
- Mr & Mrs – Try it 2 Like it
- Hi it’s me, I’m the Bride it’s Me – Kara Creates
- Our Love Story (dates) – A Girl and a Glue Gun
- I said yes! That’s what she Said! – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Happily Ever After – Liz on Call
- Wedding Invitation Template – Handlettered Printables
Pin this for later!
Don’t have time to take on wedding signage right now? Planning your wedding for later this year? Pin this so you can come back to it! Plus, pinning or sharing on FB helps this post reach more people which helps me be able to keep sharing with you. Thank you!
Looking for more free Cut files?
Here’s some of the free SVG files I’ve shared here on Lemon Thistle! Click on the image to head to the full blog post and snag the free cut file for yourself!
Looking for Wedding DIY Projects?
Here’s some of the DIY wedding projects I’ve shared here on Lemon Thistle over the years! Click on the image to head to the full blog post and see the detailed tutorials for these wedding DIYs!