Fathers Day is almost here! I bought Shane his gift last week and hid it in the bottom of the linen closet, behind the extra paper towel and kleenex boxes. It was the perfect hiding spot. Last night I hit up Target to get a dress for a wedding we’re headed to tomorrow and got home to learn that my wonderful hubby had cleaned and reorganized all of our closets. Pretty much the best husband ever, I know… but he found his gift (what are the chances?). So we’re enjoying his espresso and grinder a little bit early (number 7 on my list)- and he’s pretty thrilled. We’ve been dying to set up our espresso machine now that we’ve moved in- and now we actually have the gear to use it!
Anyways, I know you can always get your hubby some barbeque sauce or a good ol’ tie… but why bother when there’s so many awesome gifts you could get him instead? For those of us whose kids are too little to make something for Daddy or pick it out themselves- I’ve put together a list of gifts that should please any Dad in your life.
1. This past Christmas, my sister was all about ‘theme’ gifts… this beer themed gift would please any guy who enjoys a cold one. Pair some local craft beer with a vintage looking wall opener (my hubby’s been wanting one for the back yard since it’s the season for outdoor living). GQ recommends this beer (plus the branding is pretty) if you don’t have a local brewery.
2. If you really want to do the classic tie thing, put down the Garfield tie and get him something stylish like this linen bow-tie. Who doesn’t love a guy in a bow-tie?
3. If your hubby’s a musician, you’ll know how ugly most guitar stands are. I love these plywood wall mounts– especially with little ones under foot, you can’t go wrong with getting the guitar out of reach.
4. Ever since Design Sponge featured these Star Maps, I’ve been wanting an excuse to get one. I know my hubby isn’t the only guy out there who loves the stars. Bonus points? Get him a print of your kiddos birth sign constellation like this one (I’ve been thinking of the getting a Gemini print for the twins).
5. This is probably my favourite idea (if we had the funds for a little getaway). Pack up a classy weekender bag with tickets for a night out of town (and maybe a night on the town) and leave your kids with the grandparents. Moms get spa days for a break from the kids, Dad should get a day away too!
6. Summer is here and there’s nothing my husband loves more than a beer and bocce. We always borrow a set when we hit the park, but we’re looking forward to getting our own. This set from Fredericks and Mae is beyond awesome, but if you’re on a budget like the rest of us a set like this is a bit more reasonable.
7. As for the gift that Shane found? Some locally roasted Espresso and a cute little grinder. I couldn’t find the one I picked out online, but this one is just so fun in the lime! My Dad is a total coffee fanatic too, so good coffee is always a great option.
So that’s my list! What do you have planned for Fathers Day? Do you have any ideas to add to this list?
Like what you see?
Sign up to receive a once-a-week newsletter from me with new posts, exciting updates, exclusive discounts and freebies. Just good stuff!