These free printable first day of school signs are perfect for easy back to school photos- plus coordinating signs for the last day of school! The printable signs have been updated with the 2023-2024 school year – Enjoy!
We’re a few weeks away from the first week of school around here but I’ve been seeing so many families are already heading back! Even if this finds you after the first day of school- make sure to save it, because I’m sharing first day AND last day of school signs as a free printable today!
I’ve been making these signs for my kids since their first day of preschool. It’s usually super last minute while they’re getting shoes on I grab a sheet of paper and letter a banner with some text, and every year my Instagram friends are so sweet to compliment these rushed signs. So this year I planned ahead and created a full set for you- no matter what grade, or level of schooling, I think I’ve got you covered!
*I’ve been updating this post each year, so pin this to save this for next year too!*
You can not only get the first day of kindergarten, first day of tenth grade and everything in between, I’ve also added in the ‘last day of kindergarten’ (and daycare, first grade etc). It will be so neat to see them grow not just year to year, but through just a school year.
Included in the PDF First Day of School Signs/ Last Day of School Signs Bundle:
I’ve included SO many options in this totally free printable pack- I wanted to make it fun for anyone… no matter what grade or stage of life. I even added in a ‘First Day of Freedom!’ one for stay at gone parents! The first year I made these, I just made them for the way we celebrate back to school. I’ve learned that different areas of the world say 1st Grade instead of Grade 1 so made both an option for you!
- Last/ First Day of 1st Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 1 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 2nd Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 2 Sign
- Last/First Day of 3rd Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 3 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 4th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 4 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 5th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 5 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 6th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 6 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 7th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 7 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 8th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 8 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 9th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 9 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 10th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 10 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 11th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 11 Sign
- Last/ First Day of 12th Grade Sign
- Last/ First Day of Grade 12 Sign
- Last/ First Day of Preschool Sign
- Last/ First Day of Kindergarten Sign
- Last/ First Day of Elementary Sign
- Last/First Day of Middle School Sign
- Last/ First Day of High School Sign
- Last/ First Day of College Sign
- Last/ First Day of University Sign
- Last/ First Day of Daycare Sign
- Last/ First Day of Freedom! Sign
You can download all the signs here in PDF format. Please keep in mind these free printables are for personal use only (you, your daycare etc.). Not for resale or republishing.
These free printable back to school signs will download as a .zip file.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD these FREE Back to School Printable Signs 2023-2024
To download these First Day of School Signs, all you need to do is enter your email below and have it sent to your inbox. When you click the confirm button on the email you receive, it will open the file directly.
Some browsers will start download immediately, others you’ll need to right click and save. The PDF files are uploaded in a compressed folder. Double click the zipped/compressed folder to ‘unzip’ it and see your PDF files. Once they’re in your downloads folder, you can get to printing!
PDF documents are so easy to print off and don’t need any fancy printer settings like photos would. You can print this summer bucket list with your home printer or send it to a local print shop. While you can print it on any paper… I love to print these on card stock so they aren’t as easy for little hands to bend.
I know that taking photos, especially posed ones like this can be stressful for some kids and families, so I hope that having signs to keep their hands busy will help.
To make it even easier for you, check out this post: 4 Tips for Better Photos of Your Kids– and none of them has to do with camera settings! So even if you’re using your phone, these will be great for you! Don’t forget to send the photos you’ve just taken to print so they don’t end up collecting dust on your hard drive!
Lastly- if you use these signs, you know I would love to see them in action! Tag me @colleenpastoor on social.