Download these free fall bucket list printables to squeeze every last bit of magic out of your fall season! Modern black and white hand lettering with line art autumn leaves, these modern looking fall bucket list templates are available already filled out with activities or as a blank template to build your own.
I love creating bucket lists and my favorite season to create them for? You guessed it, fall!
Almost every year since I started Lemon Thistle, I’ve created a free printable fall bucket list. The first year, it was an effort to prioritize getting out and enjoying my favorite season (fall!) even with preemie babies to care for.
I wanted to make sure that I still enjoyed some of the magic of those fall months and I wanted that bucket list to be incredibly easy to achieve… after all I was caring for newborns for the first time.
I included easy wins like roast marshmallows by candle light and try new recipes with autumn ingredients. Looking back at that list now, I’d probably add a fall puzzle on a rainy day, cut fall foliage for decor or get a head start on christmas cards.
Since then, I’ve made a handful of fall bucket lists as our family and our capacity has grown. Pumpkin picking, an easy fall craft, making your own halloween costume… whatever your favorite fall activities are, you can definitely customize it to suit your ideas of family fun.
Fall is really the perfect time of year to create a bucket list full of fun activities and a printable list like this is an easy way to make sure creating those favorite fall things you always talk about are priority in your busy days. As we get back into our routines it can be so easy to let the fall months fly by without making time for those fun fall things.
So today I’m sharing two versions of this free autumn bucket list printable.
- I’m sharing one that is full of fun fall bucket list ideas, hand lettered by me with little illustrations for some of the bucket list activities.
- The second is a fall bucket list template that has the autumn leaves and lettering in the centre of the page, but is blank of activities for you or your family to fill in.
This is a super similar style to one of my favorite bucket list printables I’ve ever made- this summer bucket list. It’s just such a fun one for kids because there’s no rules to how you fill it out, kind of like a brain storm of fun things to do.
*Affiliate links are used where possible in this post, at no cost to you. You can see more information and all our policies here!*
So what sorts of things could you add to your own fall bucket list?
Here’s some more fall bucket list activity ideas:
- Trade your summer clothes for cozy sweaters
- Visit an apple orchard for apple picking
- Visit a local farm and pick pumpkins (there’s so many outdoor activities in the autumn season!)
- Carve pumpkins (or decorate pumpkins! Personally, I love to letter on pumpkins)
- Enjoy warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte
- Visit a haunted house, bonus points if you tell ghost stories on the way home!
- Watch a spooky movie (I’m not a huge scary movie fan… the closest I get is Hocus Pocus or The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown movie!)
- Road trip to a drive-in movie, make sure to pack the cozy blankets for that crisp fall air!
- Take a scenic drive to a corn maze or a hay ride
- Try a pumpkin recipe like pumpkin pie or bake pumpkin bread (pop it in mason jars for lunches like this banana bread recipe!)
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Play in a pile of leaves or take family photos in fall leaves to get a head start on Christmas cards
- Try some apple recipes like apple pie, a cider donut or even just simple caramel apples
- Take a bike ride in the cooler weather
- Cozy up with blankets in the crisp air with a good book
- Make DIY halloween costumes!
- Learn to hand letter ‘happy fall!’ or take the shortcut and use my Hey Pumpkin practice sheet!
- Cheer for a football game
- Find a local fall festival or see how many pumpkin patches are within driving distance
- Decorate your front porch or your living room for autumn (we love some autumn throw pillows!)
- Craft a DIY fall wreath and decorate your front door
- Have a picnic in a local park
- Visit a local farm’s sunflower festival
- Pick some flowers to create dried floral bouquets
- Donate to the food bank
I could go on and on… maybe I will create an ultimate fall bucket list for you to pull ideas from… but for now, here’s a perfect place to start. These are fun for the whole family and can help make the most of any chilly fall day.
These are some of my personal favorite parts of the season. I’m sure your family has their own list of things they love.
I think part of the fun honestly is creating the list with your people! We always have a great time dreaming up all the best things to do for the season. It’s probably the best way to get excited for all of the fun fall activities you have access to.
I had fun lettering these with a couple of friends and the kids shouting out fun fall things to add to our fall bucket list. They shared all of their fave fall traditions with me and reminded me what we added last year that they loved and I put them all in one cute fall printable bucket list.
You can grab ours… or really… make your own, it’s not hard work with this list and it’s so much fun!
I love that I can just letter my way to a beautiful fall bucket list. Brush lettering has been such a great outlet for me. If you’re interested in learning how to letter – honestly, I can’t recommend it enough!
If you’re interested in learning to brush letter I have a free Brush Lettering QUICKSTART guide and video training you will love! It’s the best place to start.
You can check that out RIGHT HERE.
These printable bucket lists for fall are just one part of a collaboration that I’m doing with some of my favourite printable designer friends, so you can scroll to the bottom and find even more fall printables from some very talented ladies!
Before that though… if you love the little line art autumn leaves illustrations in here, I’ve turned those into SVG cut files! The maple leaf line art illustration is available for free download right here!
How to download these fall bucket list printables
To download these printable autumn bucket list designs is really simple. To get these directly delivered to your inbox, just enter your email address in the box below and I’ll send you a confirmation email.
Clicking the button in the email will open the file up directly.
These designs are combined in one PDF format document on separate pages. Some browsers will automatically start a download and in others you will need to right click and select ‘save’.
It should save to your download folder to make them easy to find for printing.
Like all freebies on Lemon Thistle, this printable is free for personal use. Use it for your own home, your friends, your mom group + for gifts (maybe with tickets to a local farm corn maze!) … but no selling or redistributing. More questions? See all my policies here.
How to Print these autumn bucket list templates
PDF documents are so easy to print off and don’t need any fancy printer settings like photos would. You can either (or both!) of these fall bucket list printables with your home printer or send it to a local print shop.
While you can print it on any paper… I love to print these on card stock so they stand up better over the fall months, full of use. The thicker paper also makes it better for coloring with a marker without any ink bleeding through!
Once you print this off, you can add it to your fridge to track all the fun fall things to do, we love to color them in as we go (highlighting, really) to watch our bucket list come to life.
Another great place to keep the printed fall bucket list is the dining room. It’s a really great conversation starter as you sit around having one of those new fall soup recipes ;) We’ve found that it’s a great way to keep dinner conversations on all the fun things we love to do as a family.
You could also share your list on social media, then document your progress with selfies or photos as you go! What better way to make sure you get photos of all of your favorite fall activities?
If you use this free printable… I would SO love to see it in action! You can tag me @colleenpastoor on Instagram or shoot me an email colleen(at)lemonthistle(dot)com!
More Awesome Free Printables for Fall
Today I’m partnering with some amazing printable designers to share even more free autumn printables for you to use as we head into the fall season! Click the links below to be taken to their site and the freebies!
- Leaf Watercolor Printable from Homemade Heather
- Fall Banner from The Girl Creative
- Hello Fall Free Printable Coloring Page from Creatively Beth
- Fall Coloring Pages from Smiling Colors
- Fall Scrapbook Papers from Try it Like it
- Fall Color by Number from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Hello Pumpkin Printable Tags from Laura Kelly Designs
- Fall Activity Mats from Tried and True Blog
- Fall Bucket List from Lemon Thistle (you’re here!)
- Fall Quote Wall Art from A Hundred Affections
- Fall Borders Free Printable from Hand Lettered Printables (my sister site!)
- Fall Maze Printable from Persia Lou
- Fall Bookmarks from Laura’s Crafty Life
- Fall Scavenger Hunt from Our Crafty Mom
Like This Free Bucket List Printable? Pin it For Later!
Don’t have time to print your autumn bucket list right now? Pin this so you can come back to it! Plus, pinning or sharing on FB helps this post reach more people which helps me be able to keep sharing with you. Thank you!