Download these free hand lettered alphabet SVG files to make your own back to school wear or teachers gifts. Perfect for a first day of school party or for wall decor in a playroom, home school classroom or nursery!
With back to school just around the corner (I can’t believe I’m saying that already!), we’re picking away at our back to school shopping and an oversized graphic tee is on the list. I hand lettered this fun alphabet in a casual sans serif brush lettered style and thought it would make the perfect SVG for your back to school projects.
I added a smaller ABC hand lettered file to accompany the full alphabet so you can make a pocket tee design for the front of the shirt and a full alphabet SVG on the back. That’s what I did with it anyways, but you could really use it however you like.
These free SVG cut files for Cricut or Silhouette will help you customize any of your back to school gear or teachers gifts that you like. It would even make adorable nursery or kids playroom decor. I do have more ideas on what you can make with this free alphabet SVG file below if shirts aren’t your jam!
I also added a shadow layer to the abc SVGs so you can use it with or without. It’s easy to toggle on and off since it’s a layered SVG file. My son loves simple, less is more… so no shadow on the alphabet shirt for him! My daughter? well, color is fun ;)
So really, we have options with this free alphabet SVG… use the full alphabet with the shadow, the full alphabet without a shadow, the alphabet plus the ABC with or without the shadow, or just the ABC with or without the shadow. So many options with one free handlettered Alphabet! I really can’t wait to see what you make with this file!
Alphabet Project Ideas with these Free ABC SVGs
There are so many projects that you could make with this alphabet SVG or any of these back to school themed designs (scroll to the bottom of this post for more!) that I haven’t shown you today. Here’s a list of simple projects you could make using vinyl, cardstock, or by getting creative. I’ll link any tutorials I have on this site!
- Alphabet Mug
- Alphabet tote bag (think iron-on vinyl)
- ABC themed backpack
- An alphabet vinyl decal for a binder, notebook, pencil case, or other school supplies
- The ABC would make the cutest keychain for a teacher gift or backpack decoration
- Alphabet T-shirt or sweater
- ABC hat (think a little design where the logo would be- how cute!)
- Water Bottle or Tumbler (perfect for teacher gifts!)
- Wooden Sign for a play room or home school room decor
- Layered Cardstock card (think back to school party invite!)
- No-Sew Pennant (more classroom or playroom decor!)
- A first day of school cake topper
- How about a teacher gift christmas ornament?
- Or… a custom sticker for a laptop or phone case
- A simple card stock bookmark
HOW TO DOWNLOAD This free alphabet SVG file
To download this alphabet SVG file, all you need to do is enter your email below and have it sent to your inbox. When you click the confirm button on the email you receive, it will open the file directly.
Some browsers will start download immediately, others you’ll need to right click and save. The SVG file is uploaded as a compressed folder. Double click the zipped/compressed folder to ‘unzip’ it and see your SVG file. Once it’s in your downloads folder, you can upload it to your Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Studio or whatever cutting machine software you are using.
If you’re already subscribed to my e-mail list (hey friend!), you won’t get double emails, I promise, go ahead and pop your email in there and follow the same steps :)
Like all free SVG files available on Lemon Thistle, this alphabet SVG file is free for personal use. Think making projects for yourself, your kids teachers, or as gifts.
HOW DO I UPLOAD A FREE Cut File TO CRICUT DESIGN SPACE?
Once you’ve downloaded your free hand lettered SVG files, it’s time to upload them to your cutting machine software. I use my Cricut to cut out my free SVG files, but you could also use your Silhouette or other brand of cutting machine. To upload an SVG file to Cricut Design Space is super straight forward.
Open up Cricut Design Space and start a new project. In the left hand panel, select ‘upload’ and search for your alphabet SVG file. You can add a name to your file at this point then upload it and insert it into your project. That’s it.
The SVG file has all the layers separated for you and Cricut reads all that information for you. In this case, the shadow layer and the main alphabet letters are on separate layers.
If you’re new to uploading your own images to Cricut and would like additional information on the different types of files you can cut with your Cricut, this video walks you through all the different types and how to upload them to Cricut Design Space to use them in your projects.
* Are you new to Cricut? Or deciding which machine to buy? I wrote a whole post about the differences between the Cricut machines RIGHT HERE. And if you’re looking for more Cricut projects and tutorials, you can find them all here!
If you use this free SVG file to create something amazing… I would SO love to see! You can tag me @colleenpastoor on Instagram or shoot me an email colleen(at)lemonthistle(dot)com!
MORE AWESOME Back to School themed FREE SVG FILES
Today I’m partnering with some amazing SVG designers to share even more free Back to School Themed SVG files for you to use in your projects! Click the links below to be taken to their site and the freebie!
- Hand Lettered Alphabet SVG by Lemon Thistle (you are here!)
- The Future of the World is in my Classroom SVG by Liz on Call
- Today is a Beautiful Day to Learn by Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Bubble Letters ABCs SVG by Hand Lettered Printables
- Felt Pencil Holder SVG pattern by Life Sew Savory
- Full Alphabet with School Objects SVG Bundle by A Girl and A Glue Gun
- Status: Rather be Sleeping SVG by Try it Like it Create it
- Nacho Average Student SVG by Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Lookin Cool for Back to School SVG by The Girl Creative
- School Bus SVG by Persia Lou
- Heart with Pencil SVG by Hello Creative Family
- Coffee Teach Sleep Repeat SVG by Everyday Party Mag
LIKE IT? PIN IT!
Too busy to get crafting today? No problem! Pin this post to remind yourself about this project later! Pinning my blog post helps me reach more people which allows me to continue sharing free content here on Lemon Thistle- Thank you!