These free printable affirmations are the perfect reminders for busy families and work from home parents. With aesthetic design, you can place them around your home instead of post-it notes for your positive affirmations throughout the day.
If affirmations are new to you, this printable might seem a bit strange, but they’re something we’ve been loving incorporating into our lives both for us adults and for our kids. In the most basic terms, affirmations are phrases that affirm positive thoughts. They’re statements or thoughts that you can replace negative or self sabotaging thoughts with. If that sounds ‘out there’ to you, I like to think of them as reminders. Reminders of who I am when I’m at my best and how I like to respond to situations. They ground me when I’m just going through the motions, hustling through my day and remind me of who I want to be in that moment. Or how I want to act, spend my time, or think.
For example, ‘I stay calm in the chaos’ is one I’ve put by my sink. I see it when I’m washing dishes and my kids are running wild during that ‘witching hour’ and I see it in the morning as I’m making my coffee and my kids are hustling to get ready for school (where’s that library book?!). Just reading it reminds me and gives me an opportunity to take a couple breaths and if needed… change my attitude.
Sometime since our kids started school, we started saying verbal affirmations each morning on the drive to school. Each of the kids gets to say a few and we’ll all repeat them. It’s such a good way to start the day on a positive note, even if the morning has been a bit hectic. It was around the time that video of a little girl and her dad saying affirmations in the mirror went viral. That video is stinking adorable, but I loved the confidence that was giving her!
Okay, so that’s what affirmations are. But what are these free printable affirmations for? Well, having reminders of your affirmations around your home and workspace are a great way to keep these positive thoughts front of mind. But your girl is a home decor blogger so the Post it notes were not cutting it for me. I sat down and designed these ones for myself to print off and fix around the house.
I made more than I could possibly use in my home but I’ve cut them all out and can switch them out as needed. My kids loved the idea so requested a few of their own. My daughter wrote ‘you are beautiful, you are so loved’ to have on her bedroom mirror and our boys chose ‘you are strong’ for their bedroom mirror. They also suggested I make one that reminds them ‘I take care of my things’ for their closet since they have a hard time keeping that tidy. Emmitt even wrote one for our main bathroom (the one they use and brush their teeth in) that says ‘I bring joy to the world’. I love that one so much!
Here’s some of the affirmation cards around our home:
I’ve made ones for my office, some for our exercise room some for my closet, and really anywhere you want to put them. I’ve put them in spaces that are not immediately visible in our main area, but I know where to look for them- like by the light switch I hit heading into the house from my bedroom.
Affirmations are kind of personal- while there’s some I think we could all use (I bring joy to the world), some aren’t going to really be applicable (I have built the perfect business for myself) and that’s totally okay. I also made some of quotes that I had written on post its around my house. They’re not really affirmations so much as reminders. Some I’ve pulled from books or Instagram, some I’ve created based on my needs.
I shared a few of them on Instagram stories and had requests to share them so even though they may not all be a great fit for you!
Here’s a list of the ones included in the printable as well as a note of where I’m using it if I think that might be helpful!
- A little progress each day adds up to big results (on my laptop!)
- I am open to receive all the good coming my way
- staying committed to healthy daily habits is like writing a series of love letters to your future self (I have this one on my vitamins)
- I deserve to be strong, healthy and vibrant (on my treadmill)
- I have all the time I need (by our family calendar)
- I model who I want my kids to become
- I am inspired and have the power to accomplish everything I need to today (coffee maker)
- Lord, even in seasons when I’m worn out, give me discipline to maintain a strong work ethic at home and my business (this one is from Whitney Kroneberger)
- My actions align with my priorities
- How we spend our days is of course how we spend our lives
- Humans are mirrors- show up the way you want to be mirrored
- Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most
- Where you are a year from now is a reflection of the choices you make right now
- I love my body and care for it well (our gym)
- I have created the perfect business for myself (computer)
- With every small action, I am building momentum
- God handpicked these children for me
- Of power and joy (for the scale- this one just makes me smile and our kids really love it)
- I show my kids love through actions and words
- I am deserving of all the abundance I desire
- What you’re concentrating on, you’ll get more of
- I am what I repeat
- I invest my time to train and remind (with our cleaning supplies- I try to teach my kids to help)
- Ordinary routines create extraordinary results
- Any habit you’re not changing, you’re choosing
- Consistency is an action.
- Overwhelm is a feeling
- I stay calm, even in the chaos
- I am brave. I am safe in my home (my daughter asked for this by her bed, we remind her of this at night)
- I bring joy to the world (on a mirror!)
- I am beautiful. I am so loved (on my daughters mirror)
- I am strong (our sons chose this for their mirror)
- I take care of my things.
- I choose how I spend my time (by my calendar)
- Everything is hard before it’s easy.
- I decide the energy I bring to the world today.
- What do I have control over right now? (not an affirmation, but a great check when overwhelmed)
- I find the magic moments
- Fun is always an option
- When you thrive, everyone wins
And if you’d like to make your own- I added a blank page of the same design at the back of the PDF so you can write or type your own on top of the template. I love the subtle colour and texture of these cards!
Just download the free printable affirmations in the PDF and print them off for yourself. I cut mine out and attached them to my walls and mirrors with double sided tape, but sticky tack would work just fine too.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE PRINTABLE AFFIRMATION CARDS
As with all free printables on LemonThistle.com, these are for personal use only. See all my policies here.
If you do end up using these in your home, I would so love to see! Tag me on social @colleenpastoor or shoot me an email colleen @ lemonthistle.com!
These are SUPER great!! Thank you so much!