Happy New Year friends! I’ve taken the most time off for the holidays as I eeeever have and it’s been glorious. Before I get back into new fun DIY projects that I’ve been working on, I wanted to take a minute to look back and see what projects you have been loving and share a few of my personal favourites that didn’t make the cut. I’m sharing my 5 most viewed posts this year (published aaaanytime), the 5 most viewed posts that I published this year, and my 5 underdogs.
Let’s start with the top 5 of all time, shall we?
5. My kitchen reveal! I’m pretty darn excited to have a room reveal in one of the top 5. They’re always a ton of work but one of the most rewarding things I do around this blog. I really need to take some new updated photos of the space now that we’ve settled in (have a window covering, art etc…) but that’s for another day (or year!).
4. That same PB Banana Sandwich (with a twist) that’s been in first or second place since I started my blog is starting to move down the list (finally!).
3. A Vintage Storybook Baby Shower we threw before I even started blogging! I swear, I can never predict which posts will take off. It really was such a fun shower but my photos have improved 50x over since this (I swear!).
2. How about some giant yard games? Seriously! You can’t say no to that and apparently all of Pinterest can’t either. My giant Jenga, Dominos and Yahtzee are getting closer to number one!
1. This is another one that Pinterest loves (and I feel so silly because it’s so darn basic!). My post on how to disassemble a pallet with NO power tools is by far my number one post month after month. And I have to say that video when I don’t have to do the editing is sure wonderful- I can’t imagine there was much good footage of me disassembling a pallet ;)
Next!? The 5 Most Viewed Posts Published This Year
5. Our dining room reveal! You know how excited I am about room reveals! And this one is probably my favourite.
4. Another basic how-to video made the list! How to get caulking (baseboards etc.). This one I edited though, you’ll see the difference ;) Ha!
3. I was surprised to see a photography post make the list! How to shoot in manual for bloggers is a quick set of tips for just that.
2. I totally love that dining room and the star of the show is our DIY steel and live edge dining table. We are totally in love with this one and I’m happy to see you are too!
1. No surprise on this one for me! Each and every year my hand lettered calendars hit number one. I’m leaving them free for email subscribers until the end of THIS week before I move them over to my Etsy Store permanently.
Lastly… My Underdog Picks!
5. Leather Projects! I know this is two… but even though they’re small, they’re two of my favourites from the year and what I’m actually addicted to is that specific leather. And I’m so dang proud that I pulled apart a couch and salvaged such beautiful leather. Expect to see plenty more projects using this stuff! But for now… my Grateful Pennant and Monogrammed Keychains are tops in my books.
4. Our Laundry Room… you know I had to include a room reveal in here! This was the year of room reveals for us. Our laundry room is a small space but it made such a difference in how we live. I can actually iron in here now and sort laundry on the floor without feeling like I’m wrecking everything that touches the floor. It’s wonderful. Also… those countertops are a DIY and make me all sorts of happy.
3. Let’s Play! This DIY chalkboard isn’t the prettiest of all my projects but it was TOTALLY the most fun for me to make. I got to try out combining my DIY and lettering in a totally new way and can’t wait to see how that makes its way into projects this year.
2. These DIY Acrylic and Brass Frames totally pulled Windsor’s nursery together. Even though I mixed up my alphabet (seriously), this landed number two for me. I love that the simple DIY mimics a much more expensive one so anyone can pull it off.
1. Treat yo’self! This DIY breakfast tray upgrade was late to the game this year, but it is my favourite thing I’ve pulled off. The funny thing is, this guy was a late night idea and I had it made in half an hour- then photographed it before dropping the kids at school the next morning. It’s funny how some ideas come together SO quickly and others are painfully slow but you can love them equally!
If you stuck with me down to the bottom here- YOU ROCK! Did your favourites make the list? I’d love to hear from you!