Now that we’re slowly getting settled in our new home, we’re starting to see which spaces need a few pieces to fill in the gaps from the furniture and decor we brought from our last house. I’ve been stalking Article’s selection, so when they reached out about sharing some of my favourite pieces from their Black Friday sale (which, I have to add they said is their BEST sale of the year), I jumped on it… and knew which pieces I’d love to share with you the minute I saw they were in the sale!
I’m in love with these pieces, you guys! I put together three sets that I’m dying over for both the living room and dining room… and they’re all part of the sale. We’re excited to take on our dining room in the new year and while some of these combinations make me think a fresh start would be awesome… I’m all about intentionally creating your space (and when we made our table, our intention was to have it with our family forever). It’s amazing what updating just a few pieces can do for a room- even if a full room makeover isn’t in the works. You can see the few pieces I will be using from this sale in the makeover in the photo above! It’s making me so excited to start on the other parts (new windows, art, y’know… all the fun stuff!) But I need to try and reign it in until the windows get here.
So in the meantime… let’s furniture shop and dream, mmm kay?! ;) Ready to see these beauties?!
Top Living Room:
- BRIDLE SILVER GRAY RUG: THIS RUG. It’s everything. So thick and that texture! I love the warm grey colour to it as well (it comes in charcoal too though). This is the one I got for my dining room… and it makes me want it for our living room it’s so darn thick and gorgeous.
- EMBRACE COCONUT WHITE ROCKING CHAIR: UM why didn’t they have this when I had my first babies?! I would have loved to have such a beautiful rocker! I still love having a rocker to snuggle with my kids in and read but since mine is the baby nursery classic… I won’t be moving it into a main space in our house… but this I totally would!
- BELEZ YUMA OLIVE GREEN SOFA– If you would have told me I’d be swooning over a coloured leather sofa… I wouldn’t have believed you. We had beautiful burgundy leather furniture growing up but teenage Colleen always thought they’d be better in black. BUT THIS COLOUR. With the brass?! It’s such a statement but also a neutral… it’s amazing.
- STONE RAWHIDE BROWN OTTOMAN: This ottoman warms up the space beautifully! I am addicted to how brown leather does that. I’ll take it in any form.
- MYRIA GOLD HANGING PLANTERS– I love this polished take on the hanging planter! I’d love to hang the three at different heights in the blank space beside our living room window (too small to really put art, but feels like dead space!).
Middle Living Room:
- AYIN LINUM IVORY RUG– This rug pattern is so darn good! I love how full of texture it is with a bold pattern… but traditional colouring. It’s such a great mix!
- MATRIX CASCADIA BLUE SOFA– I can’t be the only person obsessed with velvet sofas lately, right?! The shapes on this one are so lovely but not too formal. And the deep blue?! *Sigh*
- TRESS BLACK BASKETS- A good basket can help store so many things and play decoration at the same time. From throw blanket holder to plant pot to good lookin’ toy storage… they’re so helpful. You can get a larger size too.
- BALLA MUSHROOM SHEEPSKIN THROW– I love the colour of this one! Sheepskins are one of my favourite ways to make a space seem super cozy and this one is such a modern twist on the classic ivory.
Bottom Living Room:
- SHEENA OLIVE GRAY RUG– I love how sophisticated but cool this rug is. I feel like it would work amazing with California cool style…. or my style. Because it’s perfect.
- BURRARD BELLA BROWN SECTIONAL– I’m big time in love with this sectional. I really miss having leather in our living room with all the little people running around. The thin arms on these are such a welcome change to the overstuffed sofas of big box stores.
- PENDER CASCADIA BLUE CHAIR– There’s that beautiful blue velvet again… *swoon*! I love how it’s balanced with the wood frame so it’s not too feminine.
- BEAM DOUBLE BRASS LAMP– I love how this would fill the space so much better than a single lamp. Plus… it’s really pretty!
- TEXA RAVEN CHARCOAL POUFF- Isn’t the texture on this pouff dreamy?! I love the charcoal with warmer brown undertones too- it is the perfect way to pull together browns with blacks in home decor.
There’s so many options, it’s hard to choose, right?! Before I go… there’s one more thing I have to share. I didn’t put it in here because it’s not part of the sale… but the chair I’ve been dreaming of the most is this one. It needs to happen in my life and I just need to figure out a way to sneak it in the house without Shane realizing ;)
Now on to dining rooms!
Top Dining Room:
- CRUSH PLATINUM GREY RUG– This rug is so simple but so darn pretty. It’s the perfect neutral midtone for grounding a space without being so dark. I think it would hide food pretty well too ;) Which is how you know I now shop like a mom.
- TRINA WALNUT DINING TABLE– There’s something about sitting around a round dining table- the conversation is so rich. Plus… look at this amazing base!
- CERES FLINT DINING CHAIR– This chair! It’s so simple but the legs extending up the back that little bit and the curve of the back… it’s hard not to love it. I love that it doesn’t have any wood tones to try mix in to a collected room as well! This is the one we got for our dining room (two for the ends of the table to balance all the white and light. They’re even more beautiful in person!).
- TRESS WHITE BASKETS: You might have noticed I used these in the living room guide as well… because they’re so lovely! They come in a large size too.
Middle Dining Room:
- ADRIA SAP GREEN RUG– I’ve honestly always dreamed of a green rug in our home. I always wanted it for our kids shared bedroom but spent years looking for one that was ‘just right’ before giving up and painting their room green instead. This one… this would have ended the hunt!
- SENO OAK DINING TABLE- I love the scandi vibe of this table! It’s so simple and clean and can pair with pretty much any chair ever… which is why I chose this beauty…
- GLOVE BELLA BROWN DINING CHAIR– I truly love this style. When you see my kitchen reveal in a few days you won’t see these chairs but if I had a need for chairs in my kitchen… these would be them.
- MYRIA SILVER HANGING PLANTERS– Brass, gold and warmer mixed metals have been having a moment for quite a while, but I’m loving seeing the textured silvers coming back into play! These hangers are so lovely.
- SABLA SILVER OBLONG SHALLOW BOWL: You guys, again… if this came in gold, I’d be snapping it up. I love the shape of this so much and it would look amazing on a longer table like we have.
Bottom Dining Room:
- AYIN LINUM IVORY RUG- OKKK, you got me. I used it twice. Because it literally works with EVERY COMBINATION. I could have used it with pretty much every single one of these scenarios. WIN.
- OSCURA WALNUT DINING TABLE– This base reminds me of our table but I love how it is inset in the table top! It’s totally modern and beautiful!
- CHANEL BLACK LEATHER DINING CHAIR– Uhm… This chair is perfection. If I could make another wood tone work in my dining room I would jump on this because that shape is all sorts of wonderful.
- SABLA GOLD BOWL– I’ve been on the hunt for a beautiful fruit bowl and I think this is it! The texture is so amazing. I’m showing it in my dining room here but also love it in my kitchen… and can I just say having a bowl that’s not glass makes my mom brain less stressed?!
Phew… are you drooling as much as me?! I hope you liked the picks! And I’d love to hear… would you like to see more shopping guide type posts like this?! Let me know!
Like what you see?
Sign up to receive a once-a-week newsletter from me with new posts, exciting updates, exclusive discounts and freebies. Just good stuff!