YOU WANT TO LETTER WITH CONFIDENCE
EVEN IF YOU’VE NEVER PICKED UP A BRUSH PEN BEFORE.
If you love the look of brush lettering but haven’t had the time (or known how) to start,
this course is for you.
If you’re craving custom lettered home decor and gifts without dropping a pretty penny,
this course is for you.
If you just want to relax through art and learn or improve your creative skills in lettering,
hey- this is for you too.
- You fill your home with art you love– that you’ve created- that didn’t cost you a fortune.
- That quote you’ve always kept close to your heart? How rad does it look on your walls now- in your exact style. It’s totally you.
- You don’t need to search the boutiques for the perfect $8 card for your BFF- you can make one from your kitchen table that’s just as cute.
- And wrapping her gift? Hand letter on that kraft gift bag, friend. It’ll save you money and you know she’ll like it more anyways.
- Stressed? Aren’t we all, but you pull up a chair and a coffee and letter your feelings out on the page. With swashes and block letters and the tension disappears (and so does the coffee).
- Did I mention how fun doodling during conference calls is now?
3 Years ago, I wouldn’t have dreamed this would be my reality- I’m naturally TERRIBLE at writing. You could ask my school teachers- I was requested to type my papers while other students were allowed to submit written papers. I fumbled through YouTube videos and blog posts and Instagram post after Instagram post to try and ‘figure it out’ myself. Most resources I found skipped over the very very basics or missed simple tips that could have saved me time and headache.
If you’re feeling like that reality up there is pretty far from your current truth, I’d love to help you learn brush lettering and break through those creative barriers and negative self talk.
I know you’ve got what it takes.
You do too… isn’t that why you’re here?
YOU DON’T NEED ANY FANCYPANTS SKILLS OR PRETTY HANDWRITING TO JOIN IN.
And you don’t need to search for tutorials or supplies and second guess you’ve got the right tools to letter.
We’re starting from the ground up.
INTRODUCING ‘LEARN BRUSH LETTERING’.
THROUGH THIS COURSE, YOU WILL:
- Understand the difference between brush lettering, calligraphy (and faux!), and typography and what that means for you
- Choose your tools by comparing my top picks, the results each creates, and where to easily purchase just what you need (with examples, of course)
- Understand basic lettering terms and ‘rules’ (learn the rules to break them, right?)
- Learn how to best hold your pen– with videos, tips, and exercises
- Learn & practice the 9 basic strokes– not just up and down
- Master joining strokes to make letters
- Practice each letter in 6 unique styles
- Easily connect letters to make words
- Learn how to add your personal style to your lettering with twelve small variations that make a big difference
- Gain confidence in basic flourishing with a simple breakdown of types and WHERE to put them
- Understand composition and layout of lettered designs (including a video tutorial on how to use tracing paper to get to the perfect composition for your project)
Lettering is exciting (of course!) but at the end of this course, I want you to put your skills into action in new and exciting ways.
I’ve included bonus tutorials on:
- Watercolour lettering
- ‘Faux’ Brush Lettering (so you can make rad DIY on any surface!)
- And I can’t wait to add some more ;)
Learn Brush Lettering E-Course
“COLLEEN! This is 100 times better than any other resources I’ve seen out there… It’s amazing!
I love the practice strokes you show. I’ve never seen #6 shown, and that shape has totally messed me up in the past. I also really like the other nine basic strokes. I’ve never seen it broken down like that before – and those are exactly the kinds of stokes that totally mess me up when I try to practice letters, because I’ve only been shown how to practice the first two of the practice strokes. I love how you show all of the letters, and give instructions for how to use this to trace over it and continue practicing.”
THESE ARE THE BIG THREE:
- A 50+ page practical workbook PDF you can print over and over (full of examples, traceables, and lots of variations)
- 7 Course Modules break down learning into bite size pieces to take you from picking a pen to flourishing
- Video tutorials and examples ranging from holding your pen to connecting letters to reworking a composition to finished design
YOU CAN DO THE COURSE FROM HOME… OR FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, AND ON YOUR SCHEDULE.
You can complete the course lessons from the comfort of your couch or kitchen table, as long as you have an Internet connection! The entire program is completely digital so you can access it from anywhere through our private course portal. And you’ll never miss a beat: you can go at your own pace and do the lessons on your schedule.
READY TO MAKE THIS THE YEAR YOU NURTURE YOUR CREATIVITY AND EXPAND YOUR LETTERING SKILLS?
Let’s be honest- there’s never been a better time to learn brush lettering. Whether it’s for stress relief, making your home more home-y, to challenge yourself in a rewarding way, or to launch a side hustle… it’s time to claim back your creativity.
Learn Brush Lettering E-Course
All the course is instantly available to you, but I’ll also send you paced emails to walk you through the course.
Want to jump ahead? That’s a-ok too!
Can’t keep up with all the other demands in your life (this mom of 4 gets it!), you’ll have access for a full year, so you can pick up when you get those moments.
Plus- when the course sees an update later this summer (new bonuses!), you will too!
You can search around my blog and other sites for projects and pieces of the puzzle. You can teach yourself how to letter with YouTube video after YouTube video and hope that you’ve started with the right foundations. That’s what I did… I know it’s possible. But it’s a lot of work.
You can let me walk you through it– from how to hold the pen to what the best pens to start are… to the strokes that make up the letter and how to connect your letters. One foot in front of the other. No guesswork.
LET’S GET YOU LETTERING LIKE YOU KNOW YOU CAN-
ON EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON.
You may have seen my work featured on:
HERE’S WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY:
“I’ve tried teaching myself brush lettering by looking at examples, but having a proper guide made it way easier. The 6 different styles were great as it allowed me to try everything out but I could then decide what felt most natural.
I didn’t realize how unsteady my hand was until I actually sat down and tried to do it properly, but the warm ups (swishes and loops oh my) really helped get my hand used to the movements, especially the 9 basic strokes – something I couldn’t have learned by just looking at examples.”
“I have taken calligraphy workshops using nibs and ink, and although it was fun to try something new, it was a little intimidating! Learning brush lettering with Colleen was so more my speed. Her tips on lettering made me feel in control so I could have fun with it while I was learning!”
“I have admired Colleen’s hand lettering for ages – girl has got some serious talent! I was super excited that she’s finally teaching the rest of us her secrets. Colleen is a wonderful teacher. Everything is laid out so well and you don’t need any super fancy materials to get started. This is such a fun hobby – I can’t wait to keep practicing and refining my skills! Thanks Colleen!”
“Colleen’s style of teaching really resonates, and the level of thought and detail she puts in is evident from start to finish… Colleen’s work will help you create beautiful brush lettering!”
-Calli & Bri, MakeShift Kamloops-
Learn Brush Lettering E-Course
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I BUY?
ENROLL IN THE COURSE
Purchase the e-course with either PayPal or credit card.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL
Check your email for your purchase confirmation and important course login information.
ACCESS THE COURSE
When you log in, watch the welcome video and get started! All material is loaded into the course so can dive in.
I’m a mom to 4 wild ones 6 and under and the face behind Lemon Thistle. I love a DIY, making my home my favourite place to be and most importantly for you? I love to hand letter.
I’ve shared my hand lettering tips and DIYs on lemonthistle.com for almost 5 years. I quickly realized that readers needed more than just tips and project tutorials. They needed someone to walk them through picking up a pen to adding their personality to hand lettering. I’m so excited to share this passion for creativity with you in the Learn Hand Lettering course.
It’s my goal that you’ll not only learn to hand letter (of course!), but that this work together will spark the creativity and confidence you’ve always had inside you.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
I’m so happy to help! Drop me an email [email protected]