I know the blogosphere has been fall crazy for a couple weeks now, but I was really holding out. The funny thing is- fall is my favourite season. The boots, the scarves and pumpkin spice lattes… not sweating all the time. It’s good, right? So last year before the babies were born, I made a fall to do list to hopefully force myself to remember to take time for myself and intentionally make memories. That post (my first ever printable) has been surprisingly popular, so I thought I’d make a new one for 2014!
This year’s list includes a few more baby-friendly and outdoor activities because I have a better idea of what we’ll be able to make work. Last year we didn’t cross everything off our list since the babies came early. So… ready to see the list?
1. Play in the Leaves: So this needs to happen! I’m pretty sure that Emmitt and Aubrey will go crazy for this, and I’ll go crazy for the photos. So it’s at the top of my list. The rest of the list is in no particular order though.
2. Bake with Pumpkin: Pumpkin screams fall to me! I’ve already had three pumpkin spice lattes and I’m not ashamed of it. Every year I’ve tried a different pumpkin recipe (pumpkin loaf, pumpkin chai loaf, pumpkin scones, pumpkin dump cake…) mostly because I can never remember which recipe I used. This year I’m thinking scones again… because they’re probably the best kind of scone.
3. Fall Photo Shoot: This is for sure happening, because I’ve already booked it (woohoo!!). Troi Crombie is coming to town in November and I seriously can’t wait… official family photos! In case you’ve missed it somehow- Troi took my maternity photos and she is just the best.
4. Visit a Corn Maze: We tried to do this last year, guys. We were at the entrance but the kid wouldn’t let us in. Apparently you need to buy tickets at the other end of the pumpkin patch and this baby-wearing-3-weeks-after-having-twins-momma wasn’t going for that walk again. This year, we know better.
5. Send Thankful Mail: You’re probably catching on that I LOVE snail mail. Thanksgiving is such a great opportunity to send some mail and thank those special people in your life for who they are. Creative ideas are welcome ;)
6. Go Fly a Kite: So I bought my hubby a kite this summer and with our basement reno on overdrive, we haven’t been able to find time to test it out. I haven’t flown a kite since I was a kid!
7. Chili Cookoff: Anyone want in? Chili is not something I make very often, but Shane loves it. So the cooler weather is the perfect excuse to cook some up. Ideally I’d love to do that with friends and have a bit of a cookoff! Now that we have kids (and so do most of our friends) we have to be intentional about getting together with friends and this would be a blast.
8. Bundle up for a Walk: This should be an easy one- we love going for walks and Starbucks is just around the corner. Dangle a pumpkin spice latte in front of me and I’m pretty sure I’ll make the effort to bundle the babies up to get there.
9. Have a Bubble Bath: This one’s wishful. Not only would I need to get time to myself, preferably without little fingers poking under the door to make this worth it, BUT our bathtub sucks. It’s been leaking non stop since we moved in and we’ve had it fixed a few times. Apparently, everything that could leak is going to in that thing. But if it’s fixed- I hope to make it happen!
10. Explore a Pumpkin Patch: We did this last year with newborns and it was so much fun! I really hope we can make it work again this year.
11. Try a new Soup Recipe: I did this last month, and forgot how much I love a good soup! If you have any recipes you’d recommend- let me know!
12. Enjoy a Chai Tea: Since the twins were born I’ve gotten really, really, really in to coffee. I liked it before- but I’m thinking I need to cut back a bit and maybe bring tea back out (I take sugar in my coffee, but not in my tea). Chai is my favourite and is such a fall drink.
13. Read a Book: When the kids were infants (and when I was preggo) I read SO much. It’s been a long time since I read a book and the cooler weather is making me want to curl up with my favourite blanket (that’s the background for the graphic) and get into a good read. Again… suggestions!?
14. Trick or Treat: Again, this must happen! The twins can walk, so I think they’ll have a lot of fun going to knock on doors at grandparents houses to ‘trick or treat’ and show off their costumes.
Get the PDF here.
So help me out guys! Book suggestions and soup/pumpkin recipes are so welcome. And what would you add to your list!?
Like what you see?
Sign up to receive a once-a-week newsletter from me with new posts, exciting updates, exclusive discounts and freebies. Just good stuff!